U3A Central Coast encourages co-operative rather than competitive learning. There is no great divide between learners and presenters. A student in one class may become a tutor in the next. No academic qualifications are needed to join or to lead courses. There are no exams or grading of students’ achievements.
U3A Central Coast was incorporated in 1998 and has steadily increased in size until today its membership is approximately 800, with some 70 courses available each semester.
Courses vary greatly and change from semester to semester as members decide to share their special knowledge with others. Courses may include lifestyle and practical skills, musical, theatrical, literary, artistic, cinematic, scientific, environmental and historical interests, as well as discussions about current affairs.
- There are two intakes of members into courses each year, for the February to June semester and for the July to December semester.
- Most courses operate during the week in the daytime, although occasional Saturday courses are also held.
- Outings, trips and social events are also held from time to time.
If you would like to join or find out more, click on this U3A Membership Application link or click on the Membership link on the right.
If you would like to communicate with a committee member, please:
- phone our Duty Officer on 0408 704 701
- email us on firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- write to the Secretary of U3A at PO Box 1239, GOSFORD 2250.